Dr. Samir N. Khleif was recruited from the National Institutes of Health, where he served as Chief of the National Cancer Institute’s Cancer Vaccine Section. Now as Director of the GRU Cancer Center since Jan. 31, 2012, Dr. Khleif oversees all aspects of the enterprise’s cancer clinical care and research.
The GRU Cancer Center is currently working toward NCI designation. Its facilities include a 167,000-square-foot research building, which opened in 2006, and a clinical facility that opened in 2010. Together they provide state-of-the-art research and treatment, including several first-in-human protocols.
- Calories, cancer and leading by example: Exercising you right to a healthier lifestyle
- Addressing imbalance: the facts behind cancer treatment disparity
- Angelina and us: What we learn when we let the gene genie out of the bottle
- The Dark Side of the Sun: Summer recreation, tanning beds and cancer prevention
- Stand Up for a Smoke-free Campus
- Clinical trials key to curing all cancers
- HPV vaccines provide a new hope for cancer
- Tobacco use hits many close to home